The Workforce Training Department – provides clients certified occupational and soft skills training designed to remove employment barriers to earning livable wages. The intensive training integrates state of the art technology with customized training designed to address the skills in high demand by the Greater Houston business community. Career training is included for each of the high needs areas with the goal of increasing salary potential and earnings above the minimum wage, thereby enhancing the employee’s economic position.
NCCER Construction Training Construction /Basic Apprentice Trades
- Introduction to Micro Computers (IC3 Standard)
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Testing Site for MOS Certification
- Counseling and job placement assistance
Provides training for all types of construction trades helpers – electrician, carpenters, plumber, pipe fitters, dry wall, sheet rock, iron and metal work. The curricula, the NCCER Contren Learning Series: Core Curriculum/Introductory Craft Skills is augmented with the basic training for operation, preventive maintenance and safety. The curriculum consists of Basic Safety, Introduction to Construction Math, Introduction to Hand & Industrial Insulation Tools, Introduction to Power Tools and Introduction to Construction Drawings.
View Upcoming Classes & Register Online by clicking the link:
Please use the following user name and password
Information Technology Training
Creating marketable skills needed by businesses. Providing the basic knowledge for using the features of windows based applications and understand the need for continued IT skill development for today’s job market. Introduction to Computers curriculum includes: Keyboarding, Basic Introduction to Computer Technology, Introduction to Windows Microsoft Office Application Overview, Microsoft Office Applications (140 Contact Hours, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel Microsoft Access and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Workforce & Customized Training
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Prep.
- Introduction to the Internet and Electronic Mail
– Enhancing employability skills of participants by providing appropriate training certifications needed for employment in major industries in the Houston Metro-Plex.