Houston Area Urban League
The person in this role will be responsible for facilitating processes associated with the accounts payable and payroll functions in the Finance Department. Reports to the Director of Finance.
- Gather and accurately input payroll information
- Report payroll information to selected software system on a timely basis
- Prepare quarterly reports detailing number of employees and wages for submission to the Texas
- Stay abreast of new & expired contracts to accurately code accounts payable invoices
- Ensure all invoices have appropriate support and approval prior to issuing payment and inputting into data into selected financial software system.
- Ensure all invoices are input on a daily basis
- Complete accounts payable research in a timely manner within two business days of receipt of request
- Enter all void and manual checks within two business days
- Ensure accuracy of the Accounts Payable Aging Report
- Prepare journal entries for accruals at the end of the month
- Accurately maintain Daily Cash Balance Reports on Excel.
- Prepare daily cash deposit slips for deposit of funds into bank accounts by the Senior Accountant
- Prepare 1099 MISC at year-end for contractors
- To work with colleagues and supervisor with a high level of professionalism
- Non-profit billing/reimbursement experience preferred
- Fund accounting software experience preferred
- Reviews/monitors individual grants and transactions for compliance with private, local, state, and federal fund requirements.
- Prepares month end adjusting entries and expense/payroll allocations.
- Reconciles account receivables
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance
At least 5 years related work experience in Accounts Payable and Payroll
High School Graduate of GED equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have proven employee/customer relations skills with emphasis on conflict resolution
- Must have superior time management skills; Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Must understand and be capable of articulating the Houston Area Urban League message
- Professional demeanor
- Must have an understanding and work experience with accounting ledgers
- Excellent computer skills to include proven ability in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org