Houston Area Urban League
The person in this role will facilitate Job Readiness and Retention Training including, Workforce Coaching, Recruitment, Career Assessment, Job Placement Assistance, Financial Coaching and follow-up in support of Houston Area League’s Asset Acquisitions and Management Programs.
- The person in this role is a professional who uses a relational, coaching-based approach to help clients articulate and achieve their goals by providing essential Career Coaching and support to clients as they move through their journey to financial stability.
- Experience working with youth and adults from various backgrounds.
- Provide participants with intensive one-on-one (or small group) employment coaching and referrals to identify and help remove barriers.
- Ability to facilitate work readiness training such as resume development, job search techniques, presentation skills, soft-skills, communication and conflict resolution.
- Data entry, facilitation of intakes, compiling reports, follow-up calls/emails, event coordination, and other clerical responsibilities as assigned
- Provide oral and written clerical reports regarding status and performance to management as requested.
- Handles inbound calls and provide information regarding assistance to clients, and visitors to the appropriate department/agency. Resolves callers’ inquiries or needs promptly using available resources. Informs callers of the programs and services available at the Downtown and Griggs locations.
- Work with Job Developer to connect qualified clients with available job opportunities for youth and adults.
- Conduct Financial Education/Literacy workshops including Coaching.
- At least 2-3 years of related Workforce Development (preferably in a non-profit environment); experience.
- Experience with integrated workforce coaching and client support.
- Strong public presentation skills.
- Empathic, compassionate, non-judgmental, motivating and encouraging.
- Ability to type at least 35 words a minute.
- High school diploma. College degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Must have proven employee/customer relations skills with emphasis on removing barriers.
- Must have superior time management skills; Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Must understand and be capable of articulating the Houston Area Urban League message.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent computer skills to include proven ability in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to provide direction and clarity to peer staff.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Certified Financial Coach is a plus
Interested candidates, please send you resume for consideration to:
Rommell Williams, Manager Workforce Development & Training
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org