Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
What type of organization would you choose?
For more than 100 years, Girl Scouts has helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life. From the youngest Girl Scout to our graduating high school seniors, Girl Scouts of all backgrounds and abilities can be unapologetically themselves as they discover their strengths and rise to meet new challenges. Through our programming, girls are exposed to a vast array of educational topics such as the arts, entrepreneurship, the outdoors, STEM and more. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader. The leadership program for girls is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience model, which allows girls to discover a positive value system and a strong sense of self, connect with others, build healthy relationships, identify causes that are meaningful, and take action to make the world a better place.
The Chief Membership Officer (CMO) Reporting directly to and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and partners with the Chief External Affairs Officer (CEAO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Program Officer (CPO), the Chief Membership Officer (CMO) is accountable for articulating and operationalizing the membership plans for the council. In carrying out these responsibilities, you will promote the Girl Scout brand to internal and external stakeholders, increase both girl and adult membership, and facilitate a smooth onboarding experience for troop- and community-level volunteers. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will provide membership-centric leadership and direction to the staff and volunteers supporting troops and communities and supervises the planning, implementation, management and oversight of all membership-related activities.
As the Chief Membership Officer (CMO), you will design, articulate, execute, and measure membership plans across Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council’s 26- county jurisdiction, including 16 regions and 57 communities. We will expect you to provide strategic leadership by working with the Board, CEO, Senior Leadership Team and direct reports to establish and implement long- and short-term priorities, initiatives, and metrics for areas of responsibility. You will also coordinate quarterly updates for the Board of Directors and the CEO and work with the CEO to adjust strategies as needed. Additionally, as the CMO, you will ensure appropriate resource allocation to achieve efficient and effective mission delivery as measured against budgetary metrics and achievement of operational goals.
To be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of progressive experience, including experience working in a senior leadership position
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Commitment to sustaining strong working partnerships with volunteers, staff members, boards of directors, and the community.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in dealing with a variety of people, ideas, and situations.
- Knowledge of budget development and administration.
- Ability to plan, set and meet goals.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment, work well in a team setting and maintain a spirit of cooperation.
- Ability to analyze data and figures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in assessing priorities and working with confidential information.
- Valid Texas driver license, proof of insurance, and access to personal transportation on a daily basis.
Your responsibilities as the Chief Membership Officer will include:
- Oversee all activities pertaining to membership recruitment, placement, and retention including the Community Engagement, Volunteer Experience, Community Development, Placement, Retail and Customer Service departments.
- Establish, develop and implement membership recruitment and retention strategies to accomplish council goals and objectives – leading to overall organizational growth.
- Identify and build key external partnerships and engagement opportunities in the community that will elevate GSSJC.
- Develop and implement new, effective communication strategies based on market/demographic trends, external partnerships, and membership potential.
- Recruit, hire, train and develop high-performing, volunteer-centric teams committed to providing the necessary resources for the effective delivery of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience at the troop and community level.
- Lead integration of the Girl Scout brand voice and image in all recruitment and member- facing communications. Work with the Marketing and Communications office to ensure council communications align with brand voice requirements, including recruitment materials – both print and online. Work with the Marketing and Communications office to develop a public relations campaign that supports the membership plan.
- Oversee outcomes management and member surveys. Design a process that ensures a feedback loop with all departments so that member experiences can continue to be enhanced by member feedback, surveys, data analysis and other measurement tools.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Work cross functionally with council departments to fulfill the council’s programmatic objectives.
- Interface with other Girl Scout councils and GSUSA on national membership recruitment and retention campaigns, conferences and events.
- Work internally with the Development team to package and measure membership extension work for funding.
- Serve as liaison for reviewing and resolving legal and risk management issues related to council business and areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with the national organization and Board of Directors to ensure that operational charter requirements are met.
- Identify opportunities to convene cross-functional teams to support a collaborative work environment.
- Command skill in internal conflict management and resolution.
- Support a culture of philanthropy.
- Demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to coworkers, volunteers and others as an ambassador of the Council.
- Assume responsibilities of chief executive officer in his/her absence as assigned.
Benefits: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package and future growth opportunities within the company. Our current full time employee benefit package includes Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D, Educational Assistance, Commuter Benefits, Paid Time Off/Vacation, Paid Company Holidays, and more. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council fosters belonging and respect for all girls. We empower all girls, volunteers and staff to fulfill their potential and make the world a better place. Our Girl Scout Promise drives us to provide diverse, equitable and inclusive experiences where all girls, volunteers and staff are confident they belong. We stand firm in these commitments and united by these ideals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org