Houston Area Urban League
Community Health Care Worker
The Community Health Worker will be responsible for helping individuals and families to adopt healthy behaviors and to navigate and access health and wellness resources, and community services and other resources.
HAUL Family Support Services
- Assist eligible individuals with marketplace health insurance enrollment and renewal.
- Assist eligible individuals with Texas Benefits enrollment, renewal, disenrollment.
- Maintain and update HAUL client records with enrollment forms, marketplace health insurance/Texas Benefits enrollment documents, plans, notes, appropriate forms, or related information.
- Provide ongoing support with respect to issues relating to eligibility, enrollment, renewal and disenrollment in Marketplace plans and Texas Benefits.
- Refer clients to appropriate health services, community/social service programs, and other agencies as appropriate.
- Help clients by educating them on the healthcare system and directing them to resources and information within the health care system.
- Provide HAUL collateral/materials at outreach events/activities.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with staff at partnering/community sites.
- Participate in trainings and continuing education activities, as needed and required. Complete all trainings as required.
- Abide by federal and state rules and regulations especially those pertaining Personal Identifiable Information.
- Abide by the policies, procedures, guidelines rules and regulations of oversight and funding agencies and programs for which applications are made.
- Assist with coordinating special projects/programs focusing on health and wellness.
High School Diploma and Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred (Social Work, Sociology, Public Health or related field).
2 years health/social services experience. Any combination of 2 years health/social services experience and/or education. 1 year experience with government or commercial insurance programs preferred.
Required computer literate specifically MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Ability to analyze data and various information and maintain client confidentiality. Excellent organizational skills.
Proven ability to meet deadlines
Ability to effectively engage clients and connect them to resources
Ability to comprehend and manage documentation in multiple databases
Ability to problem solve and demonstrate initiative in approaching complex cases
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Demonstrate positive attitude in work duties and interactions with peers, clients and partners
Ability to communicate well via phone, email, and face-to-face with professionals and clients
Ability to work in remote locations with little supervision
Experience with navigation of an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Practice Management System.
Bilingual – English/Spanish
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org