Food and Drug Administration
This position is located in the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM). The mission of the CVM is to protect human and animal health. The Center is responsible for regulating the food, food additives, drugs, and devices given to companion animals, plus millions of poultry, cattle, swine, and minor animal species.
- The incumbent serves as an Agency expert in matters related to his or her area of responsibility and is frequently called on to advise others concerning the application of FDA policy, statutes, and regulations to compliance cases/actions.
- Consults with all levels of Agency staff and with the Commissioner, for areas of disagreement (e.g., strength of evidence, policy position, regulatory decisions) within/between the Center and other units of FDA, to resolve disagreements
- Serves as a recognized expert in handling the most highly complex matters related to compliance cases/actions.
- The incumbent coordinates between the Division of Drug Compliance and the Center. Scientific Review Divisions to obtain relevant scientific opinions to support case evidence.
- Citizenship Requirement: You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this advertisement unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
- Selective Service Registration: All applicants born male, on (or after) 12/31/1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System OR have an approved exemption. Visit www.SSS.gov for more info.
- Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time.
- Time-in-Grade Requirement: If you are applying as a current Federal employee, you must meet the time-in-grade requirements described in the Qualifications section, generally, 52-weeks of comparable experience at the next lowest grade.
- Certification of Accuracy: All information concerning eligibility and qualification is subject to investigation and verification. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate legal action.
- You must meet ALL requirements by the closing date of this announcement to be considered. Only education, experience, and qualifications attained by this date will be considered. You must continue to meet all requirements through the hiring process.
- Direct Deposit: You will be required to have all federal salary payments electronically deposited into a bank account with a financial institution of your choice.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy, within the same geographical area, by other organizational elements from within FDA, through shared corporate recruiting activities.
- One year probationary period may be required.
Basic RequirementsThe education must have been obtained at a college, university, or an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary at the time the degree was obtained.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements.
- A bachelor’s or graduate/higher level degree in quality assurance or a related degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: consumer laws, biological sciences, food science, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, legal investigations, law enforcement, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work.The 30 semester hours may include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.OR
- Combination of education and experience–courses consisting of at least 30 semester hours in the fields of study described in paragraph A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
For the GS-13 level, you must possess one year of experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 level or equivalent band level of responsibility in the Federal service, experience includes: Applying regulations and laws in compliance activities of regulated products; AND preparing replies to correspondence from the regulated industry and other persons; AND representing the Agency/Office to internal and external parties in regulatory forums.
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com