Houston Area Urban League
Education Specialist Part-Time
Coordinate and implement HAUL’s education and youth development services for youth which focuses on post-secondary success and college and career readiness. This includes providing one-on-one and group guidance to assist youth in developing life skills important for post-secondary success.
Education and Youth Development
- Ensure safety, security and care of children/youth. Provide direct supervision of students; Manage program activities to provide safe environment for all involved. Chaperone youth on all field trips/excursions.
- Coordinate development and implementation of the Education and Youth Development services. Prepare creative, hands-on interactive, and engaging lesson plans/activities that meets the needs and fully engage clients. Facilitate/implement lesson plans/activities including field excursions. Coordinate activities with external groups, partners/stakeholders.
- Participate in outreach activities to recruit and engage participants.
- Provide direct supervision of volunteers. Serve as lead for field experiences and other program activities.
- Maintain records needed for program administration. Take attendance, collect required documents, and maintain inventory of supplies and equipment, etc.
- Establish and maintain communication with members of the school staff and other stakeholders about student needs and aspects of the program services.
- Initiate and maintain regular communication with parents and volunteers.
- Analyze and apply information from periodic program evaluations.
- Provide oral and written reports to the Department Manager.
- Complete program reports for submission based on designated deadlines. Ensure internal and external deadlines are met (i.e. National Urban League reports, United Way, internal reports/documents – sign-in sheets, enrollment forms, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required preferably Education or Social Sciences/Liberal Arts.
Six years Youth Development experience. Three years experience working with youth in afterschool/out of school time setting or classroom/school. Eighteen months experience with college and career readiness activities.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills – must be able to relate to clients across a broad spectrum of talents and abilities. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Professional demeanor and ability to interact with all levels of management, stakeholders, etc. Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision. Computer literate with proven ability in MS Office Applications. Knowledgeable about college and career readiness programs, activities, and initiatives.
This position is a grant funded position and subject to availability of funds.
Please submit e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions call (281) 220-6012.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com