Houston Area Urban League
The person in this role will provide financial coaching to assist clients to create financial goals that lead to financial stability. Facilitate financial literacy/education workshops/webinars. Contact clients periodically to determine if there have been changes in their financial status. Devise debt liquidation plans that include payoff priorities and timelines. Recommend strategies clients can use to achieve their financial goals and objectives, including specific recommendations in such areas as cash management, access to banking for the unbanked and underbanked, and insurance coverage.
· The person in this role is a professional who uses a relational, coaching-based approach to help clients articulate and achieve their goals by providing essential Financial/Career Coaching and support to clients as they move through their journey to financial stability.
· Dedicated to empowering underserved communities through financial literacy
· Coach clients on financial services (loans, credit cards, financial programs) and credit reports· Review deposit activity reports and make follow-up calls on deposits past due clients· Prepare any needed documentation for asset disbursement. Prepare reports as needed·
· Experience working with youth and adults from various backgrounds.
· Provide participants with intensive one-on-one (or small group) employment coaching and referrals to identify and help remove barriers.
· Help clients build a debt reduction action plan
· Prepare and interpret client’s information such financial document summaries, and income projections
· Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients financial objectives
· Answer clients’ questions about the purposes and details of financial plans and strategies
· Community outreach and marketing execution
· Schedule and facilitate workshops on financial literacy topics
· Build and maintain community alliances
· Relationship management
· At least 2-3 years of working with financial products and services, personal finance, and/or credit counseling Experience with integrated Financial/workforce coaching and client support.
· Strong public presentation skills.
· Empathic, compassionate, non-judgmental, motivating and encouraging.
· Ability to type at least 35 words a minute.
· High school diploma. College degree preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
· Must have proven employee/customer relations skills with emphasis on removing barriers.
· Must have superior time management skills. Ability to interact with all levels of management.
· Must understand and be capable of articulating the Houston Area Urban League message.
· Excellent computer skills to include proven ability in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Certified Financial Coach is a plus
Interested candidates, please send you resume for consideration to:
Rommell Williams, Manager Workforce Development & Training firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com