Req Code6936LocationUSA – Texas – Houston
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimize their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
We are looking for a Machinist to join the team in Houston on a permanent basis. The primary responsibility is to perform all operations on manual engine lathes, vertical or horizontal mills, bridgeport mill surfacing machine and drill press.
About this role
• Manufacture precise fixturing/templates.
• Perform layout operations.
• Set up and operate machinery.
• Maintain cleanliness/preventative maintenance on machinery.
• Maintain inventory control including daily sign out sheets.
• Operate all material handling equipment (i.e., forklift, overhead crane, etc.)
• Know and understand Sparrows Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with the Company’s HSEQ Policy and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Sparrows Integrated Management System. The incumbent must report any incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems to their Line Manager.
• The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health and safety legislation to follow all Company processes and procedures and familiarise themselves with the emergency response arrangements applicable to them. The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises.
Qualifications & Experience
• Ability to read/use micrometers, dial calipers, rule, dial indicators, etc.
• Ability to interpret complex drawings.
• Ability to sharpen and maintain tooling.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment.
• Previous relevant experience
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org