Product Handler I
|Department: Warehouse||Overtime Eligibility: Yes|
|Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor||FLSA Status: Non-Exempt|
This Product Handler role is placed through a local Temp Agency. By submitting your application, you understand that this is a temporary assignment and may not result in Full-time employment with Silver Eagle.
Assignments are available at the following location:
- Cypress – 12104 West Little York, Houston, TX 77041
- Houston – 7777 Washington Ave, Houston, TX 77007
- Pasadena – 3505 Pasadena Fwy, Pasadena, TX 77503
Silver Eagle’s Product Handler/Order Builders work in a fast-paced warehouse environment making sure our customers’ stores are fully stocked with our wide range of beers, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. This is the start of an outstanding career in the beer industry for those who love to work in a warehouse environment and a great opportunity to develop a career in the beer industry while learning on the job. A high percentage of our employees at Silver Eagle started in this role and worked their way up in the company and you can too!
Product Handlers/Order Builders build pallets of product, load and unload packages from draught and box trucks, as well as receive and store product.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for off-loading product from delivery trucks and down-stacking in the warehouse according to Anheuser-Busch and Company Code Date Policy and material handling procedure. Using electric pallet jack, single wide and double wide forklift, and Warehouse Management System – “voice collecting system” to build loads per the Load Sheet
- Hand stack mixed pallets of product, replenishing, and repacks product for resale
- Report obvious vehicular equipment malfunctions or safety problems to supervisor and/or fleet Department immediately
- Maintain clean, safe working environment at all times and adheres to strict safe working practices, Company policies, rules, regulations, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports to supervisor if not immediately correctable
- Other job duties as assigned
- Prefer one (1) year directly related experience
- Prefer previous forklift and pallet jack experience
- Ability to meet established production requirements for the role
- Regular and Punctual attendance per the Attendance Guidelines
- Must handle alcohol and work within T.A.B.C Guidelines
- Talk, hear, and see (including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus)
- Continuous standing and walking during shift
- Ability to operate a two or four-wheel dolly
- Must be able to safely operate a pallet jack
- Must be able to push 300lbs dolly load
- Continuous lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling of various packages with weights ranging from 25-45 pounds and frequent lifting/pushing/pulling of kegs up to 161 pounds
- All weather conditions (indoor & outdoor) including high temperatures, cool/cold temperatures, wind, ice, humidity, rain, fog, hail, sleet and snow
- Daylight, twilight, evening and dark lighting conditions
- Noise, vibration, dust, dirt, airborne particles, fumes
- Work hours will vary daily due to business needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org