ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate
opening for a Receptionist at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity
and excitement. We are a one-of-a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG
Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The
Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking
a unique Full-Time Receptionist to join our team. Under general supervision, represents facility as initial
contact for prospective clients and the general public. Answers telephones, greets and routes walk-in
guests and performs light clerical duties to support the daily business activities of the location. Acts as
liaison between internal and external customers, ensuring all requirements are met and facility rules,
regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
• Position requires ability to work Monday thru Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
• Unlock conference room 1 – 4 doors.
• Check emails for updated event information.
• Update desk system with event information.
• Check for any notes left by Part-Time Event Receptionist that may have worked the night before or
weekend and address any questions/issues.
• Politely greet and screen guests entering the Stadium South Lobby.
• Politely greet and direct all Texans guests up the stairs to the Texans offices.
• Politely greet and direct all HCSCC guests to the HCSCC offices.
• Be friendly and helpful to guests entering the South Lobby that may have questions and try to answer
their questions as best as possible.
• Courteously and professionally answer the telephone in a timely manner and be friendly and helpful
with responding to questions from callers.
• Create visitor badges with badge machine by scanning the guests’ driver’s license, or in a manner that
is required by security.
• Maintain an updated phone list not only for ASM Global, but HCSCC, Houston Livestock Show &
Rodeo, Texans, and all other companies working at NRG Park.
• Leave out any relevant event information for the Part-Time Event Receptionists that may be working in
the South Lobby at night or over the weekend.
• Answer and appropriately route incoming telephone calls.
• Provide information to callers concerning events at NRG Park in a pleasant and helpful manner.
• Record detailed messages from callers and/or visitors.
• Receive all visitors at the reception area and extend general hospitality. Direct visitor to appropriate
location and/or person.
• Collect and distribute any deliveries and messages in a timely manner.
• Type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents as time permits.
• Assist staff members with light clerical tasks, such as typing and mailings as time permits.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Use multi-line telephone system to answer and transfer calls in a professional manner.
• Operate other office equipment, including copier and fax machine.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or GED.
• (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Convey strong verbal & interpersonal skills.
• Must be exceedingly well organized.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Operate and be proficient utilizing standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook,
MS Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role.
• Handle pressure associated with heavy volume telephone traffic to various departments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to
stand for long hours during events; bending and reaching; talk and hear. This position may require work
inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject
to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
If you have the qualification to be considered for this position, please submit your resume to:
Manager, Workforce Development and Training
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com