Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Multiple Shifts Upto 22/hr (Job Number: 2305359 )
Responsible for the daily coordination of inbound/outbound trailers and managing warehouse management system inputs., Liaison for internal customer support and carriers.
New Warehouse Opening June 5, 2023!!!
Address: 4851 South Sam Houston Parkway East Houston, TX 77048
800,000 sq. ft.
Why is Penske Logistics for you?
We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great benefits including:
1st Shift 6:00am – 3:00pm – Monday – Friday
2nd Shift 2:00pm – 10:30pm- Monday – Friday
3rd Shift 10:00pm – 6:30am- Monday – Friday
*With overtime, weekends, and holidays, as needed*
$ 21/hr Plus $ 1/hr Shift Differential
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- $125 Boot allowance after 90-days of employment
- Associate Referral Program
- Control the flow of work within the facility to meet receiving and departure times while maintaining accuracy.
- Must be able to multi-task in a high paced environment while being detail oriented
- Must be able to prioritize and adjust to immediate workload requirements
- Communicate effectively to the team, customer, and other process partners via radio, phone, and email
- Troubleshoot any associate needs with system issues and/or equipment problems
- Assist with daily/weekly operational reports
- Ability to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities
- Work as a member of a team, accomplish team goals and meet warehouse metrics
- Maintain professionalism with management and co-workers
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor
- 2 years of shipping and receiving office experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- SAP – Blue Yonder/JDA and SAP experience preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Salary : $21 Starting Rate Plus $1 Shift Differential
Benefits : Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their families happy, healthy and secure. To learn more visit https://penske.jobs/benefits/
Work Locations :
4851 South Sam Houston Parkway East
4851 South Sam Houston Parkway East
Houston, TX 77048
Primary Location : United States-Texas-Houston
Job : Administrative
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Clerk
Req ID: 2305359
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org