Energy Rental Solutions - CAT
Job Title: Temperature Control Technician
Business Unit: Energy Rental Solutions (ERS) Department: Operations FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Foreman Salary Grade: Location: Houston, TX
Job Description Revision Date: 02/24/2023 Physical Exam Type: Type: Full-Time
Job Summary: The Temperature Control Technician is responsible for HVAC equipment diagnosis and repairs and
will work closely with the operations team and technicians to support training and development.
• Troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment, chillers, heaters, air conditioning systems, diesel power generators and air compressors.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Comply with all Safety and Health rules.
• Diagnose equipment repair needs and perform designated repairs on company equipment as directed.
• Detect faults utilizing diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all electronics and engines systems.
• Preventative maintenance and general upkeep required.
• Research repair needs and assist with parts order, as needed.
• Disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer’s specifications with use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and any specialized tooling.
• Ability to be on a rotating On-Call After Hours team for emergency service response calls on weekends and
Education and Experience:
• Three plus years of commercial HVAC experience along with A/C units, chillers, heaters, exchangers, and burner/boiler controls, diesel power generators, and air compressors.
• EPA Certification is required.
• Demonstrates good problem-solving skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills – both oral and written, computer literacy, good work habits, above average math, science and English skills.
• Ability to read and interpret machine schematics.
• Self-motivated and have a desire to perform at one’s highest level.
• Knowledge of basic tools and tool usage.
• High school diploma/GED or equivalent years of work experience.
• Technical, vocational, or trade school education preferred.
• Position does not require overnight travel and is primarily in warehouse/shop/yard
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com