POSITION: EVENT COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Event Services
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time Exempt
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Event Coordinator to join our Events team. Under general supervision, the Event Coordinator coordinates all event preparation and performance aspects related to the facility. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
· Communicate with clients to obtain necessary technical requirements and other event related information.
· Accurately prepare event estimates in conjunction with the contractual proposals set forth by the Sales Team.
· Work closely with and receive direction, mentorship, and coaching from Event Managers
· Properly execute in a timely fashion all back-end paperwork related to the event, i.e., post event notes, settlements, photo uploads, etc.
· Inspect buildings and specific meeting areas to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, room-size, and event requirements.
· Ensure that the equipment, physical set-up, and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the tenant’s contractual agreement.
· Develop assignment schedules for staffing requirements for the proper presentation of events.
· Monitor performance of front of house staff including guest services, security, medical and event staff.
· Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements to all departments.
· Assists in scheduling operational set-ups to provide equipment or service needs.
· Monitors and supervises facility set-up when necessary.
· Ensure all pertinent information is obtained, compiled in event files, and distributed to proper entities. This includes but is not limited to compiling, filing, and distributing medical service reports, incident reports, ejections, arrest, parking lists, staffing schedules and attendance reports.
· Coordinate with the Box Office regarding technical and production requirements that impact sights lines and/or cause seating obstructions.
· Manage the preparation for upcoming events. Knowledge of methods in setting up/tearing down events, housekeeping/cleaning techniques of large public facilities, exhibiting and show utilities (i.e., special lighting, booth wiring, compressed air, etc.) is useful.
· Work irregular schedule to ensure proper supervision of all events and activities scheduled in the facility, as required.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations, maintenance, practices, and safety requirements.
· Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
· Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
· Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative and effectively under pressure and/or work stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
· Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
· Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and two (2) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· CAD and Adobe Illustrator experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
· Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
· Good written, verbal and computer skills.
· Work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
· Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
· Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com