Website Port Houston
Who we are:
Port Houston is the advocate and a strategic leader of the Houston Ship Channel, one of the most powerful economic engines in the state and the country. Port Houston owns and operates the public wharves and terminals along the Houston Ship Channel, including the area’s largest breakbulk facility and two of the most efficient container terminals in the country.
Through our leadership and our work, we help ensure the nation’s busiest waterway stays running to benefit the customers of the public facilities we operate, our surrounding communities and industries, and our region. Port Houston exists to move the world and drive regional prosperity.
The work we do helps build up our local community, supports the economy, bolsters goodwill for the state of Texas, and influences the outlook of the entire region. And this is only the beginning! Our best accomplishments are ahead of us as we expand the Houston Ship Channel and widen its reach to become America’s distribution hub for the next generation.
Who you are:
You are more than the work you do. We want your work at Port Houston to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high-performance culture that values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
Sound like the place for you?
Laborer position summary:
Works within and around the assigned terminal to ensure the general cleanliness and upkeep of
our facilities. Uses power riding lawnmower, edger and weed eater. Picks up debris from
roadways and parking lots. Cleans restrooms and amenities buildings. Uses forklift when
required for wharf cleanup and trash pickup.
• Use power riding lawnmower, edger, and weed eater
• Pick up debris from roadways and parking lots
• Clean restrooms and amenities building
• Assist with work and paint maintenance
• Maintain clean and organized work area
• Assist with repairs to fences and gates
• Assist with repairs to pavement
• Assist with repairs to railroad and switches
• Assist with repairs to buildings, roofing, flooring, and walls
• Work required scheduled overtime hours and be available for unscheduled overtime
• when operating requirements or other business needs of Port Houston cannot be
• fulfilled during regular working hours
• Work a temporary, alternative schedule or shift as requested by supervisor
• Act in accordance with Port Houston core values (respect, excellence, accountability,
• diligence, and you)
• Perform other duties as required
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required
• General maintenance familiarity required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
• Knowledge of safety precautions to deal with occupational hazards
• Ability to operate forklift
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others
• Ability to access and operate standard vehicles and industrial equipment
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• General mechanical aptitude with demonstrated ability to improvise and adjust to new
• A current, valid Texas driver’s license is required
• A Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) must be obtained within 30
days of appointment, and be maintained for the duration of employment
Key Competencies Required:
• Energy and Enthusiasm
• Attention to Detail
• Work Standards
Port Houston proudly embraces diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity. Our teams reflect our commitment to celebrating diversity and creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
After you apply online, pleases send your resume to Rommell Williams; firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com