At Alcon, we are driven by the meaningful work we do to help people see brilliantly. We innovate ambitiously, champion progress, and act with speed as the global leader in eye care. Here, you’ll be recognized for your dedication and contributions and see your career like never before. Together, we go above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of our patients and customers.
We foster an inclusive culture and are looking for diverse, talented people to join Alcon. As a Molding Operator I, you will be responsible for daily operation of the tools and equipment used in the molding process at our manufacturing facility in Houston, TX.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Lifting, carrying, staging, and preparing bins, liners, racks, at start up as well as confirming the appropriate job tags are in place
- Packing material at assigned locations/presses at necessary intervals to prevent product falling on the floor
- Conducting quality inspections on products in accordance with quality specifications by using prescribed gauges, jigs, and fixtures to measure close tolerances
- Monitoring and verifying quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Knowledge of machines that may be numerically controlled
- Must be able to read, understand and follow all work instructions, (MAP’s / SOP’s) always
- Following GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and GDP (Good Documentation Practices) requirements in accordance with procedures
- Escalating any defects identified to the inspector assigned to their area and notifying the line lead or line coordinator
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO ALCON:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Work hours: 36 – 48 hours per week (Monday to Wednesday – 4:45 AM CST to 4:45 PM CST and every other Thursday – 4:45 AM CST to 4:45 PM CST)
- Travel Requirements: 0%
- Sponsorship & Relocation: Not Available
HOW TO THRIVE AT ALCON:
- Join Alcon’s mission to provide outstanding, innovative products and solutions to improve sight, improve lives, and grow your career!
- Alcon provides a robust benefits package including health, life, retirement, flexible time off, and much more!
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
After you apply online, pleases send your resume to Rommell Williams; email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org