DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for an OCEAN EXPORT AGENT with excellent communication and customer service skills. Accuracy and timely movement of freight and information is a key component for this position. This position will be based at our Houston, TX location.
- Creates and confirms transport order to ensure pickup of the shipment at origin.
- Performs booking and booking optimization according to internal guidelines as defined by Product.
- Prepares, controls and distributes all required Export documents to counterparts (carrier, consignee, supplier, etc.) complying with regulations and internal procedures.
- Checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of required documents.
- Responsible for customer service and follow-up on shipment status in the Export area, identifies. incidents, and ensures resolution of incidents to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Interacts with Customer Service, Product, and Global Service Centers, if required.
- May be required to perform other tasks as required (i.e.: Ocean Import)
Skills / Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of Ocean Export or Import / Freight Forwarding experience.
- A quick learner with a “Can-Do” attitude and strong prioritization skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus.
For direct referral to Hiring Manager, please complete Intake form below by clicking apply and send your resume to
Harvey Kelley – email@example.com or call 281-220-6022
To apply for this job please visit www.cognitoforms.com.