Special Instruction to Applicants:
This position posting requires a cover letter and a resume. Please attach both required documents under the attachments portion of the application.
The SAFE Office provides supportive services to students who have been impacted by interpersonal violence; and education and guidance about navigating difficult relationships and building healthy relationships. The SAFE Office also provides outreach to the Rice campus in order to provide education on interpersonal violence and healthy relationships, with the goal of decreasing incidents of relationship and sexual violence (including harassment), stalking, and sex/gender discrimination in the lives of students. The resource navigator works one on one with students who have experienced interpersonal violence or have been accused of these behaviors and delivers case management services to them-including providing information on reporting options and procedures, meeting accompaniments, requesting Title IX accommodations, and assisting with community referrals, lethality assessments, and safety planning. They will also create and facilitate trainings related to these topics for staff, faculty, and students. Navigators are also CTIS/Critical Thinking in Sexuality class instructors.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the field of interpersonal violence, trauma, case management, and violence prevention programming. They will be enthusiastic about working with students, skilled in being aware of personal biases and able to provide support in a nonjudgmental way, while valuing autonomy, and feel comfortable in crisis/ highly emotional situations.
$48,0000 – $50,000 annually
- Provides navigation services to students who have experienced or have been accused of interpersonal violence
- Assists in providing case management for students whose behavior, academic progress, or mental or physical impairment indicate a need for assistance, identifies students’ problems and arranges for needed services, both on and off campus
- Provides support, guidance, case management, information, and accompaniments for students
- Maintains case history records and prepare reports when necessary
- Assists in creating and delivering sexual violence prevention outreach programming / community level social services for Rice students, faculty, staff, students and their families as needed, based on the current needs of the University
- Teaches classes on dynamics of interpersonal violence and prevention
- May be assigned or required to perform additional duties to the benefit of the department or University
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Additional Functions / Information
- Some evenings and weekend hours are required specifically to provide trainings, participate in community events, and, as needed, accompany students to forensic examinations after an assault
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health education, social work, public health, or other related field
- One year of experience in sexual and domestic violence services
- Skills Required
- Knowledge of case management models
- Knowledge of social services in culturally diverse young adult populations
- Communicate effectively; work with individuals; present to large groups
- Computer literate-especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Google Drive, and Zoom
- No substitutions for education or experience allowed
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work
- Experience working with college populations, persons who have experienced interpersonal violence, LGBTQ+ populations or addressing social issues of young adults
- License in LBSW, LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT
- Excellent presentation skills
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Current Rice University COVID policies, which include vaccination, face mask, testing, gatherings, occupancy limits, and travel policies can be found here: https://coronavirus.rice.edu/policies
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com