Website Port Houston
Administers Port Houston’s all claims programs, to include coordination of return to work/modified duty placements, litigated, property damage, and other liability claims. Organize pre/post-disaster recovery efforts as related to Port Houston’s Federal Grant programs. Perform professional duties with analytical support for contract management, driver reporting, and other compliance initiatives, to support the Risk Management department and Finance Division.
· Administrate claims programs, to include the investigation and medical adjudication requirements involving the injured employee, witnesses, supervisors, medical providers, and other at-fault third parties.
· Serve as department’s primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders concerning inquiries and issues related to open records requests and/or Interpret regulations, policies, and procedures detail.
· Develop and process employee injury reports and related claim documentation to third-party claim administrator (TPA); Maintain files to support compliance, document management, reserving, and payments for medical, legal and other allocated claim expenses.
· Provide technical expertise for annual risk management report, actuarial studies, and development of presentations, training, and formal presentations.
· Support third party administrator (TPA) formal claims activities
· Oversee reconciliation of weekly/monthly check registers for self-funded program.
· Administer compliance with all regulatory best practices for modified duty and return to work program(s); coordinate information timely with involved departments.
· Provide ongoing support for FEMA/TDEM grant opportunities.
· Coordinate to support federally declared disasters, to include the preparation, submission, extensions, and periodic reporting of eligible projects.
· Track FEMA grant reimbursements, and/or allocation of payments received
· Manage performance and payment bonds
· Partner with internal divisions and departments and external entities on various projects.
· Conduct annual driver and fleet motor vehicle (DMV) background checks.
· Administrate procedural reporting process for post-accident drug testing.
· Act in accordance with the Port Houston core values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diligence and You).
· Perform other projects or duties, as required
· Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Business, General Administration, Health Care Management, Legal, Occupational Health & Safety, or related field from an accredited public or private institution preferred; equivalent experience maybe substituted for educational requirements.
· 3+ years of related claims and litigation management experience required
· Texas All Lines Adjuster license
· Associate in Risk Management (ARM) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
· Knowledge of Federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations governing the liability for a Texas Political Subdivision, e.g., Texas Tort and Claims Act, workers’ compensation, LHWCA, Jones Act, FEMA, etc.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills regarding Risk Management.
· Ability to work on call 24/7 and/or evenings/holidays/weekends
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Strong analytical skills, adept at queries, report writing, benchmark dashboards
· Strong communication and organizational skills with an ability to exercise discretion when
dealing with confidential matters
· A current, valid Texas driver’s license is required
· A Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) must be obtained within 30 days of appointment, and be maintained for the duration of employment
Key Competencies Required:
· Decision Making
· Planning & Organizing
· Problem Solving
After you apply online, pleases send your resume to Rommell Williams; email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org