location: 2075 westheimer rd, houston, texas, united states, 77098-1539
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together. Guests love to shop us for social media worthy looks and we’re proud to offer the freshest mix of apparel and accessories that won’t break the bank.
ALL ABOUT SPECIALTY SALES
A sales force of specialized consultants who understand what it means to meet our guests where they are at and deliver for them through strong operations, incredible guest experience and compelling visual merchandising presentations that inspire guests and build the basket.
Teams in Apparel and Accessories (A&A), Home, Seasonal, Beauty and Electronics prioritize guest experience while blending completion of tasks that ensure product is available and easy to shop – pulling, filling, pricing, setting, staging and maintaining the sales floor and the backroom.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Specialty Sales Team Leader can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of our GUEST service fundamentals and experience; building a guest first culture on your team
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals including: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Skills in planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver sales goals
- Ability to lead multiple businesses, balancing team member expertise and effectively leading teams in each department
- Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
As a Specialty Sales Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a service culture that prioritizes the guest service experience. Model, train and coach expectations to deliver on our GUEST service model culture.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest engagement; including planning merchandising, pricing workload, transitions, revisions, sales plans, events and promotions
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends)
- Lead a team of consultants who are knowledgeable and passionate about A&A, Home, Seasonal, Beauty Electronics and Baby who stay current on brands, trends and promotions in each department
- Ensure your team is ready to engage with all guests by modeling active selling techniques and practicing active selling scenarios to help them grow confidence in their active selling capabilities
- Encourage team to use tools available in their department (i.e. the fitting room, testers, displays) as an opportunity to welcome, inspire and influence guests by providing personalized recommendations to complete their purchase
- Encourage guests to shop with confidence in specialty departments by creating inspiring visual moments and by ensuring product is organized, signed correctly and merchandised to support seasonal trends
- Lead assigned business units backroom processes, organization, layout and replenishment of the salesfloor to ensure product is available for guests
- Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team
- Lead team onboarding, learning and help close product knowledge and skill gaps through development, coaching and team interactions
- Ensure fitting rooms are used as an extension of the sales floor and are welcoming, clean and safe if applicable to your assigned areas of responsibility
- Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest in all areas including clearance
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance; lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way
- If applicable, as a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.)
- Support guest services such as back-up cashier, order pick up (OPU) and Drive-up (DU) and maintain a compliance culture while executing those duties, such as compliance with federal, state, and local adult beverage laws.
- All other duties based on business needs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to take care of our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Specialty Sales Team Leader. But, there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
- Lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
- Effective communication skills
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
- Interpret instructions, reports and information
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org