Website Port Houston
At Port Houston we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 100 years, we’ve had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to Houston and the region. Our sustainability and success has been built upon attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people. Are you ready to think about the future…and think big!
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are READY!’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
Supports multiple critical functions to overall Port Houston operations by skillfully managing emergency and non-emergency phone calls. Receives, evaluates, and prioritizes calls in a timely manner and dispatch personnel to manage and control concurrent communications in an orderly fashion. Performs administrative duties appropriate to the nature of emergency/non-emergency calls.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
· Maintain confidentiality of information and data related to the department and personnel.
· Dispatch, speaking clearly and distinctly while using multi-phones lines and multi-radio console system to dispatch Port Police, Port Fire, security units to emergency and non-emergency calls for service, relaying radio transmissions, as necessary.
· Receives, evaluates, and prioritizes calls in a timely manner; dispatching personnel to manage and simultaneously control communications in an orderly manner.
· Coordinate communications between Port of Houston first responders and other local, state, and federal agencies when requested to do so by on scene responders whether port related or off duty employment.
· Maintain good customer service with internal customers (Port employees, operations, logistics), external customers to include vendors, contract security and any other visiting personnel.
· Monitor Port Houston close circuit cameras for general, suspicious activities, and accidents in and around all Port Houston terminals. Pulling video footage as needed or requested.
· Document and enter “Vessel Arrival-Departure-Shift” information into Port Houston Navis Express/N4 for any vessel that arrives, departs, and shifts at Port Houston wharves.
· Maintain All visitors’ logs, verifying credentials for personnel entering the PCC building or Dispatch center, this will include cleaning crews and personnel picking up wristbands for car vessels.
· Monitor TLETS and NLETS for pertinent communications from other states and federal agencies
· Must always monitor TLETS for incoming pertinent communications, messages, urgent broadcasts, etc.
· Enter property reported stolen to PHA police department into NCIC and TCIC databases
· Conduct and verify wants, warrants and stolen checks via state and national crime databases of individuals and property at the request of Port Houston police officers
· Monitor Port Houston radio frequencies assigned to contact security in the event assistance is needed at Port Houston gates
· Monitor multiple radio channels to include channel for events that request Port Houston resources for assistance, participate in radio tests and conduct drills when required.
· Assist with Emergency Management functions during Emergency Operations Center activations, provide notifications of any alerts that impede the flow of commerce, road blockage, life altering events, etc.
· Act in accordance with Port Houston core values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diligence, and You).
· Must adhere to all Port Houston, Police/Dispatch policies, directives, and guidelines.
· Must be able to work altered and amended schedule changes; the department reserves the right to move personnel into assignments for which they are best suited, or which best suits the department, irrespective of seniority.
· Perform other essential duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent required
· Some college preferred
· 1+ years of related emergency dispatch experience preferred
· If no dispatch experience, then previous office administrative experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality requirements
· Ability to take and pass the Basic Telecommunicator Course (TCOLE #1080) within six (6) months of employment
· Ability to take and pass Texas Department of Public Safety TCIC/NCIC full access certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Ability to achieve and maintain Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) security clearance.
- Ability to follow all TLETS TCIC / NCIC policies and procedures gathering criminal justice information
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of employees, management, and customers
- Ability to multi-task, document records and enter data
- Ability to stay focused, remain calm, communicate effectively during stressful emergency situations.
- Ability to work under pressure while following procedures
- Ability to comprehend and communicate information
- Ability to follow written and verbal directives
- Ability to perform general data entry tasks
- Ability to participate in mandatory overtime as needed to maintain effective and efficient telecommunication services.
· Considered essential employees and may be required to work on holidays, evenings, nights, and be immediately recalled for emergencies at any time. They must remain available and “on call” 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, dependent on emergency
Key Competencies Required:
· Ability to Conceptualize
· Attention to Detail
· Composure Under Stress
· Managing Work
· Manage self-development
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high. To apply, please go to porthouston.com/careers. Only applications submitted through the Port Houston Careers website will be acknowledged. Port Houston is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter:
At Port Houston we dream big, think big and do big things. When you take the first step with the Port Houston, you’ve taken the first step in the right direction in your new career path. Are you READY!
We believe in making big things possible.
Port Houston is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We’re looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers.
Thank you for choosing Port Houston in your career search.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
After you apply online, pleases send your resume to Rommell Williams; firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com