Teach & Mentor Elementary Students in your Community!
Looking for a meaningful part-time job teaching and mentoring children in your community? Become a Tutor for iEducate!
iEducate is seeking college students to serve as tutors & mentors in local 1st-5th grade reading, writing, math, and science classrooms. You will be supporting teachers in the classroom during the school day, after-school, and/or on Saturdays by working on the curriculum with the students and tracking their progress throughout the school year. Your impact goes beyond academics to empower and inspire students to become their best selves inside and outside the classroom.
● Hosting 1-on-1 or small-group sessions with elementary students to re-teach a skill they did not grasp the first time around in the whole-group lesson with their teacher.
● Prepping for small-group lessons by reviewing materials beforehand and planning how to teach the content in an engaging & effective way.
● Tracking student data so you can assess how your students are growing & learning throughout their time with you.
● Supporting your Partner Teacher’s whole-class lessons by monitoring students and managing their behaviors.
● Serving as a mentor & role model for your students by building strong relationships with them, helping them better connect with their learning.
Requirements are that you must:
● Be eligible to work in the US (US citizen, permanent resident, DACA, EAD, CPT/OPT F-1)
● Be a currently enrolled college or high school student
● Have reliable transportation
● Be able to commit at least 12 hours per week in the 7:30 AM-6 PM window
● 3.0+ GPA preferred
What you will gain:
● $14/hour starting pay
● Career guidance in the teaching profession
● Invaluable leadership experience
● The opportunity to have a transformational impact on a child’s life
Ready to serve in a classroom near you? Apply Now
iEducate is a Houston-based nonprofit that engages and empowers youth through the public education system to be mentors to the next generation. We partner with school districts by
integrating college students as co-teachers into the elementary classroom model to close achievement gaps in underperforming elementary schools.
We place college & high school students in neighboring 1st through 5th grade reading, writing, math & science classrooms alongside partner teachers to support student growth through small groups and one-on-one differentiated instruction during classroom instruction. iEducate’s vision is to develop a cost-effective & sustainable co-teaching model for school districts to
engage youth from the surrounding community in closing early achievement gaps and ensuring underserved students develop the necessary foundational skills
If interested, please contact Nicholas Turner at NTurner@haul.org for more information on how to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com